Welcome to the Adventurer's Codex FAQ
- How do I use a Dropbox image in Adventurer's Codex?
- Does Adventurer's Codex support Hotkeys for navigation?
- How do I Import an existing character/campaign?
- How do I Export my character/campaign?
- How is my data saved?
- How should I use Adventurer’s Codex?
- How do I file a bug report?
- Why can't I access the Collaboration (Party) tools?
- How do I resolve a connection issue?
- What are your plans for the future?
- How do I stay informed?
- How can I help?
- How do I make a suggestion?
How do I use a Dropbox image in Adventurer's Codex?
Dropbox is a great tool for hosting images as fast and as free as possible. Share your image publicly and paste in the corresponding link. That's it! Adventurer's Codex will display the image just as easily as any other.
Does Adventurer's Codex support Hotkeys for navigation?
Tired of using your mouse to navigate through your character sheet or campaign? Adventurer’s Codex supports Hotkeys. Press the keys mentioned below to quickly navigate to your desired location.
How do I Import an existing character/campaign?
Currently your characters or campaigns may be imported from your local file system or Dropbox. Just click on New/Import from the Player or DM tools to start the process. Popups must be enabled to use the Dropbox import. We have future plans to provide more options.
How do I Export my character/campaign?03/03/2019: Exporting characters is currently not available, but the feature will return soon. Importing old characters are still supported.
You can export a character or campaign to your local file system or Dropbox. Just click on Export from the Player or DM tools to start the process. Popups must be enabled and you must be logged in to use the Dropbox export. At this time, exporting on tablets and phones is not supported, but we have a solution in the works. Also, we have future plans to provide more exporting options.
How is my data saved?
All of your data is stored in your account so you can access it from any device!
How should I use Adventurer’s Codex?
Adventurer’s Codex may be used in-person or online. You can use just the Player Tools, just the DM Tools, or connect with a party to experience the full system. The system can be used in the theatre of the mind style with no battlemat, with a vinyl battlemat, or with external digital mapping tools with a projector or TV.
How do I file a bug report?
Having an issue with Adventurer’s Codex? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide any relevant info, such as specific error messages in the UI or console, browser, and device type, such as laptop tablet, etc.
Why can't I access the Collaboration (Party) tools?
You must have a user account and be logged in to access the tools. Follow these steps to create an account and use the tools:
- Sign up for a free Adventurer's Codex account.
- Confirm your registration by clicking the link in the registration email.
- Log in to Adventurer’s Codex.
- Click on the Manage Party link.
- Create or join an existing party.
How do I resolve a connection issue?
Here are a few troubleshooting tips for connectivity issues:
- Verify your account is registered. Make sure you clicked the registration link in the e-mail from Adventurer's Codex.
- Verify that you are logged in. Can you see your username on the top right? This indicates that you are successfully logged in.
- Try logging out, refreshing the browser, and logging back in.
- Disable ad blocking for the Adventurer's Codex site.
- If you are on a VPN, try disconnecting to see if that's the issue.
- Try to access Adventurer's Codex from a different device. Certain networks block Adventurer's Codex requests.
If this doesn’t resolve the connectivity issue, please file a Bug Report.
What are your plans for the future?
Adventurer’s Codex has a lot of features planned, and is under active development. We are excited about delivering a new experience for all RPG enthusiasts, so stay tuned!
How do I stay informed?
For server info, please follow us on Twitter for updates. For new release info, we send updates to the Newsletter, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and Google +.
How can I help?
Do you want to get involved at Adventurer’s Codex? If you are a developer, you can visit our public repositories at Github. Our contribution document may be found here. If you would like to financially support Adventurer's Codex, please visit us at Patreon. In the future, we will have other ways to get involved, but in the meantime, please help us spread the word by telling your friends and getting involved on social media.
How do I make a suggestion?
Do you have a feature you’d like to see at Adventurer’s Codex? Please email as at email@example.com, or let us know at reddit. Your feedback is invaluable, and we are always looking to improve the RPG experience.