It’s release time again, and for this one we thought it was time to really buckle down and focus on the stability, look, and feel of Adventurer’s Codex.
Party Connection Status and Stability Enhancements
After we released the party tools, players could talk to each other in the chat and DMs could see their player’s stats in real-time. The only issue was that it was hard to know if you were actually connected to a party and if you’d dropped a connection, so we worked hard to really give players and DMs more information about their online status.
- At the bottom corner of your character or campaign portrait we added a helpful connection status indicator.
- We also added a new status line with the name of the party you’re connected to.
- In the case that your connection does drop out (we’ve all been on bad WiFi) we’ll do our best to reconnect you and let you know what’s going on.
Starting Backpacks & Racial Traits
While creating new characters can be fun, it’s also time consuming. In this release we’ve added a few things to make the process a little easier.
- Racial Traits: Once you select a race from the Character Creation Wizard, Adventurer’s Codex will automatically add all the racial traits to your character!
- Starting Backpacks: Similar to the racial traits, starting backpacks will save you time when creating a new character. Once you select a starting backpack, all the items contained in that pack will be added to your character’s inventory.
We have added a new in-app notification system for live updates to users.
We are excited to announce that the next major enhancement to Adventurer’s Codex will be the automatic syncing of all your characters and campaigns to your account. Here are some details on what this update will entail:
- Syncing will be free for all users.
- All of your characters and campaigns will be automatically synced across all of your devices1.
- Users will now be required to log in to access all the awesome features in Adventurer’s Codex.
- Reduced the eagerness of an Exhibit announcing itself with notifications
- Improved the look of tables in the Player and DM Tools
- DM Encounters now remember if they are open or closed
- Fixes issue where characters are no longer unconscious after creation
- Makes all Party features visible even when not logged in or in a party
- Various bug fixes
Questions, Comments, Concerns?
We’d love to hear what you think of Adventurer’s Codex, what features you love, what features you want, and what features you don’t like or want changed. We built this tool for you, and we want to make it the best that it can be.
Talk to us Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions, or comments you have! We can’t wait to hear from you.
If you want to contribute, and make Adventurer’s Codex even better, as always, drop by our Github page and checkout the project. We’re always looking for great new ideas, and if you find any bugs, file an issue!