It’s been a while since our last post, but even though we’ve gone silent, we’ve been hard at work improving Adventurer’s Codex.
First off, we’d like to like to thank all of our users for their feature requests, feedback, and bug reports. All of it is very appreciated, and we’re always looking to improve the experience. We’ve had a few significant spikes in traffic recently and we owe it all to you for spreading the word and telling your friends about Adventurer’s Codex.
What’s taken so long?
While we’d hoped to be working on cloud syncing during the last few months, a fairly important issue surfaced for a small percentage of users that required immediate attention. To anyone that may have encountered data-loss during our last couple releases, we sincerely apologize. Unfortunately the best fix took quite a while to implement. On the flip-side, this pushed our development onto the latest and greatest practices. This should make it much easier to build and ship large and intricate features from now on, and it makes our lives a lot easier on the development end.
Goals for 2018
There’s a lot of great stuff in the pipeline for 2018 and now that this ugly refactor is out of the way, we hope you’re as excited as we are to get to these next few features. In no particular order, our goals for 2018 are:
- Smaller and more stable updates more often. This means that new features and fixes will be showing up all the time, rather than in huge chunks every few months.
- Cloud Syncing which will be free for all users with unlimited characters and games.
- A more streamlined interface for tablets and phones.
- A searchable rules compendium with items, weapons, armors, and more.
- Lots of new Party tools which will take your games to the next level.
- More and better auto-calculations for players.
- More advanced features for DMs to plan and prep their games.
It’s been a great year for us, and we’re super excited to get going on everything we have planned for 2018. Thanks to everyone for making our 2017 a banner year and for all of your support on Patreon which allows us to keep doing what we love!
Questions, Comments, Concerns?
We’d love to hear what you think of Adventurer’s Codex, what features you love, what features you want, and what features you don’t like or want changed. We built this tool for you, and we want to make it the best that it can be.
If you want to contribute, and make Adventurer’s Codex even better, as always, drop by our Github page and checkout the project. We’re always looking for great new ideas, and if you find any bugs, file an issue!